Louise Mallender Osteopathy (“I”) am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed by me. Please read the following carefully to understand my views and practices regarding your personal data and how I will treat it.
Your Privacy is Important to me
This notice informs you how I use the information you give me and how I protect your privacy. It also explains your rights under the UK Data Protection Act (update 2018) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2018. I abide by UK Law and my data protection regulator within the UK is the Information Commissioners Office.
Collecting of and purpose for your information
I offer treatment and recommendations to my clients. To provide these, I my need to collect personal data such as name, address, contact details.
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between yourself and myself.
- Your information may be used to introduce you to the treatment I offer, to help with ongoing administration, to contact you with any review or changes that are applicable, for my own business research and analysis.
- To provide you with appointment reminders, either by telephone, text or email.
- To ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from me or which I feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to my service.
Sharing your data
Occasionally I may need to share your personal data with other medical professionals. In all cases, I will request your permission and written consent beforehand.
I will never sell your information or data to any persons/organisations. I will never share your data or information with any other persons that are not relevant to your treatment management.
Your rights regarding your data
- I will not hold your information for any longer than is necessary. It is a legal requirement that we hold your Osteopathic records for a minimum of 8 years, after you have terminated as a patient of my clinic unless there is a lawful basis for retention. With regard to children/patients under 16, I am required by law to retain their Osteopathic records until their 25th birthday.
- Should your data be inaccurate I will rectify this without delay.
- Should you wish to transfer your data to another organisation, please contact the office as below and I will organise this for you.
- You can request access to your data at any time. I will provide you with a full copy within one month of your request.
- You can withdraw consent to being contacted by telephone, letter or email at any time. Please contact the office as below should you wish to do this.
- I may provide you with information which is appropriate to your treatment on an ongoing basis, via email or phone. You can opt out of receiving these communications at any time, using any method of communication in relation to my contact details.
- In certain circumstances you can ask for the data I hold about you to be erased from my records.
Security and confidentiality
My contact details
Should you wish to contact me in relation to any issues within this notice, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Louise Mallender Osteopathy
5 Station Yard, Needham Market, Ipswich IP6 8AS
You will be responded to as promptly as possible
Your right to complain
Should you wish to make a complaint in relation to data protection issues relating to my clinic , you can contact myself as above or you can contact our regulator as follows:
The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Louise Mallender Osteopathy, 5 Station Yard, Needham Market, Ipswich IP6 8AS